Requirements for Shipping Human Remains
The Government of Ethiopia depends upon Ethiopian Airlines to set the regulations for the transport of human remains. Ethiopian Airlines requires the following documentation to fly human remains to Ethiopia. .
1. Original and a Copy of Death Certificate.
2. Original and a Copy of letter from the funeral home showing:-
• Embalming or preserving the (dead) body by standard methods
• Use of a hermetically sealed casket
3. Original and a Copy of Non-contagious disease letters issued by the local health authority and/or Department of Health
4. Original and a copy of Burial Permit
5. A copy of the deceased passport