For Ethiopians residing in P. R. China (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan), Singapore, Australia and N. Korea the Embassy of Ethiopia in P. R. China provides all types of services i.e. renewal, replacement and issuance of passport.
-For Ethiopians residing in Australia the Consulate General Office of Ethiopia in Melbourne provides renewal service.
i- Types of passport services and Fees
- Renewal of passport USD 60.00
- Replacement of passport USD 60.00
ii- Application Procedure
1-Provide application letter on the type of service required
2-If the request is for new passport or replacement of passport, passport application form needs to be filled out.
3-If replacement is required due to loss of passport, police confirmation report should be provided.
4-All passport service applicants are required to provide residence permit or residence visa indicating that they reside in P. R. China (including Hong Kong and Macao).
iii- How to send application and fees from Hong Kong, Macao and North Korea
1- Passport applicants from the above-mentioned areas can send their passports and applications through courier to our Embassy in P. R. China to the following address;
Embassy of Ethiopia
No. 3 Xiu Shui Nan Jie,
Jian Guo Men Wai,
P. R. China
2- Passport processing fees and return postage fee should be directly transferred to the Embassy's account through Bank Telegraphic Transfer to the following address :
Bank of China, Head Office
Swift Code: BKCH CN BJ
Beneficiary- Ethiopian Embassy
Account number- 778350027645
• Applicants must make sure that all the required Bank Commission should be borne by themselves while transferring the passport-processing fee.
• The copy of the Bank Telegraphic Transfer should be sent together with application letter, passport application form and passport.
• Applicants who choose to send Draft checks are advised to know the process take a longer period of time than the Bank Telegraphic Transfer.
Return postage fee for Hong Kong and Macao USD22.00
Return Postage Fee for North Korea USD30.00
• If ordinary registered mail preferred - return postage is done for free
Please Download Passport Renewal Form ~Download Pdf